Friday, June 10, 2011

Sweet Potato Quesadillas - Oh My!

This twist on a traditional mexican dish has changed my life:


Admittedly, I stole this idea from The Whole Life Natural Market in Machias, Maine. I couldn't tell you exactly what made up their combination of flavors for this dish, but I left there wanting to make it myself - IMMEDIATELY. If you're ever down in those parts, stop by and have one. You won't be disappointed. But, if you'd like to make them yourself, try this:

Cook up some sweet potato. I don't think the particulars matter, but I boiled mine.
Mince some red onion, garlic & cilantro, and add a can of black beans to the mix.
Throw a handful of raisons on there, I prefer the golden variety. (TRUST ME -- just DO IT)
Sprinkle some cheddar cheese (it doesn't take much) down on your warm tortilla on the stovetop, add sweet potato & black bean mix, top with a dash more cheese, grab another tortilla for the top, and brown on both sides. A dollop of sour cream and salsa on top, and you're good to go! Quick. Easy. Delish!

Holy yum.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delish, Katie, thanks for the recipe! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the nasty item I would omit. Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Caitlin! xoxo.

    Yes, Gram -- cilantro. ;o) Other than that one thing, I bet you'd really enjoy these, though!

    ReplyDelete